Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good things must come to an end...

It is sad- the end of another summer . Of course I am most saddened that I can no longer wear the ever so fashionable white pants since it is past Labor Day (that is the least of my concerns). This year it seems particularly of note as I have been in my new home for 3 full months, and what a crazy 3 months it has been. I told my friend Helene when she came to visit that I was going to have a "Summer of Fun" and just focus on enjoying all that summer had to offer- and so now that is past and I need to have a "Fall of Focus"----OK I admit that sounds cheesy enough for a politician. In all seriousness I need to focus on establishing routines, friends, and a sense of community in my new home. It is also time to really dig the heels in deep and start showing my stuff on the career side- this summer was all about discovering who my best customers would be- I now have a better idea of who those folks are and I need to focus on bringing in the bucks!

On the weekend report - I was pleased to host a fabulous Labor Day cookout- I had approximately 15 friends over and we ran out of liquor two times- I think that is that sign of a good party right?? I think it took 4 trash bags to collect all the bottles the next morning- thank goodness no neighbors have complained as of yet!

I am presently in Minneapolis on my way to the exotic Fargo, ND-- WOHOO-- that is 3-- count 'em 3 new states for Andrew in two weeks- SD, MN, and ND-- that is a new record I think. I leave for a fun family visit to Ohio on Thursday to take in the exotic Hardin County Fair, spoil my nephews, and celebrate Mom's birthday!! Should be lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

the muse said...

Hey Andrew, glad to hear your cookout went so well - sounds like it was a blast! I was going to head out for a visit but wound up visiting the outlet mall instead. (Needless to say, I am now broke. But it was FUN!)

When you are back from your travels to all those fabulous and exotic destinations, give me a call. It would be fun to meet up again!