Sunday, June 17, 2007

Settling Down-

I ran 10 freaking miles yesterday---- I am so impressed with myself. When I signed up to do the marathon-- which is 26.2 I kind of figured I would have to run 10 to make this a reality- but when I actually did it for the first time it really sinks in. The last two miles were hard-- it was very hot and muggy outside-- and I really did not want to keep going- but one thing Team in Training did is talk about the patients that suffer and have no choice-- I thought about Megan and the pain and hardships she endured with the chemo and radiation- so I sucked it up, put on some Madonna on th Ipod and finished strong-- GO TEAM!!!

This morning- Sunday I have been in the nesting mode- I cleaned- put up some more pictures- reorganized some kitchen cupboards. More and more the place is feeling like home.
I am still struggling with the "New Balance" coments I posted the other day-- Thanks Dawn and Megan for the encouragement- I needed that.

I was listening to country music the other day on the satellite radio and a sad song came on-- and there is a line that goes, "Life's about change and nothing ever stays the same"-- and that really hit home-- it is about change- and we need to learn to adjust our attitudes and make lemonade out of the lemons.

Don't forget -- Housewarming party June 30th- Be There!!!
or just donate to Team in Training for me.

1 comment:

the muse said...

10 miles?? WOW!! I am impressed Andrew!! Way to go!

Glad to hear that you are getting more settled in to your new digs - can't wait to check out your new place!

Hang in there with finding balance. It's so hard to do (as we all know) and any helpful tips you get please pass them along! I could use them too. =)