Monday, February 06, 2006

Steelers / Transamerica

First of all- Go Steelers!!! What a great game- of course the fact that I was with good friends at a bar with dollar beers made it a little better! I found out that I have yet a 2nd Steelers connection- a good family friend (an older gentleman) grew up in Pittsburgh and knows the family that owns the team. Who knew? Sorry about your Seahawks Paul- I truly could care less about NFL football- but I like to root for the hometown kid, so to speak.

I also went to see Transamerica on Sunday after church. I may get some slack from this comment, but I enjoyed this movie so much more that Brokeback Mtn. I thought Felicity Huffman was AWESOME. It really made me think more about loving and appreciating who we are. There are so many of us in the world that try to change who we are, hide who we are, and otherwise dodge the truth. I walked away from the movie with a smile- I do reccomend.

Otherwise it was a quiet weekend. Winter returned with much colder temperatures and snow- so I returned to my hibernation mode.

Here's to another week.

1 comment:

Missy said...

So does it actually make life less boring if you watch a movie staring a woman being a guy who wants to be a woman? Sometime these esoteric question really boggle my mind Dude!!!!!! Love you Studly!