Friday, April 21, 2006

San Francisco

I have now been in they Bay area for almost a week. It has been busy busy busy- but very good. I am here to cover for a wholesaler on maternity leave. I have had at least 3 sales calls each day- now that doesn't sound like much- but add in driving in SF and you will be whipped. With my current situation at Nationwide and being up for a promotion- I am really considering this a 2 week job interview process. So it has be nothing but work- except Wednesday night I met college friend and Northern Ireland roomie Paul and his partner James. They gave me the royal treatment in San Jose and treated me to the most delicious Pan Asian dinner- and then a quick tour of the city. I hope that we can hang out again before I leave town.

Sad to say but the sightseeing has been minimal. I plan to make up for that this weekend for sure.

I have snapped a few photos with my camera phone- but none with the real camera yet- that will be this weekend.

I did have fortune to be in SF for to 100th anniversary of the big 1906 quake- it was scary to think of how devasting the quake was- and even more humbling to think of what the next big one will do. I just pray I am back in the midwest when that happens.

I was at Wells Fargo Bank today for an appt- they have a nice CA history museum in their lobby for free- and I was reading that the earth shifted 21 Feet in the 1906 quake!!!!! Yikes!!!!

Have a great weekend all

No comments: