Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dreams do come true...

I am back in Columbus and I have enjoyed a good night's sleep in my own bed. I have always slept with feather down pillows and hotles just don't have them- so sleeeping in my own bed felt incredible. It was also great to be reunited with my lovable pooch, Trevor. He was so excited to see me.

OK- so here is the deal-- I have one firm job offer and another job that is a potential (keep in mind that all of this is due to my hard work in San Francisco paying off). The firm is is my dream job in my favorite city- that is right CHICAGO!!!!! The second job is a position in San Francisco. The Vice President of the bank divison of Nationwide Insurance was so impressed at what I was able to do in just 2 weeks that he wants to create a job for me in CA. There is a problem with the CA job- that is there is no funding right now for the position and getting the corporate requisition approved might take 2-3 months. Yesterday while at Midway airport in Chicago I spoke to the manager that hired me into Nationwide and a good friend & mentor. He reccomends taking the Chicago job based on what he has seen happening at the upper levels of management. I am also really excited about moving into my incredible friend Megan's neighborhood.

With all that being said - I am going to take this weekend to meditate and think about all my options. I am still in SHOCK that after 5 years of trying to get on management's radar- I MADE IT!!! Wohoo.

So- what can all of my loyal friends do?? Pray for me and my family as I make this life changing decision and then come and visit me when I get settled!!!

1 comment:

CDG said...

Congrats, Andrew!!! Remember, I'm just a train ride away when I arrive Chicago weekly --- ChiTown won't know what hit 'em my brotha! I also need your prayers. Monday I meet the attorney that hopefully will end my 16 month long nightmare w/ this house. Yes, I finally drew the line yesterday. (And ain't nobody crossing it, either.) Congrats to YOU again --- I know you'll do the right thing, you always do. :) BoeingBoy68