Monday, August 14, 2006

On the road again-

It has been a busy busy couple of weeks. Last week I put over 1200 miles on my car as I traveled throughout Iowa and Illinois- and I put over 220 miles on the car today in IL again. I knew this job would require some travel & by golly I wasn't wrong. It is an adjustment to be spending so much time behind the wheel, but I am coping. I need to develop better skills of taking notes while talking on the wireless headset and driving-- it can be tricky at times. I have realize that every single Fairfield Inn in the entire USA is exactly the same- so if you need any travel advice and plan to stay at a Fairfield Inn - please give me a call.

The parents came up to Chicago for the weekend, it was their first visit since helping me move in. I put on my tourist hat for the weekend and we did the town up right; Navy Pier, an architechtural boat tour, the ferris wheel, millenium park, shopping on Michigan Ave, Sunday brunch at the Walnut Room in the famous Marshall Fields store on state street. It was fun.

I also succcessfully put together my new desk from Ikea and got the home office officially set up. I think I will really like having my office out of the main living area.

Well- off to the gym- I hope you are all well.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Burk & Stella are a HOOT!

Laura said...

Sweetie~
How did the B&S stay go over? Did the city of Chicago survive?

amber said...

Wow, Andrew - sounds as though you are adjusting so well to the move! Sounds like you're having lots of adventures, too!