Friday, March 09, 2007

Cincinnati Trip

Hello from the Queen City- at least I think that is what they call the place-- I am here for a 5/3 Bank Coference- or in the business world what is known as a 24 hour drinking party. I am very proud of myself- I just drank iced tea last night- I am trying to cut down the alcohol since I am running for the marathon. Besides I will save the liquor for good times- like Monday night shopping and dinner with Dawn- what a great Mojito!!! YUM!

The drive down was uneventful- dropped Trevor off at the folks- Mom had a stomach flu and was not feeling well.

Cousin Niki had her baby boy on Wednesday- he is well- and here in Cincy- so I will stop and visit them before I head home. I understand she had some complications at the very end- but she is doing well now- just spoke to her on the phone- but a few prayers are always needed.

This Hotel- is amazing- it is the Hilton Netherland Plaza - it is an Art Deco Masterpiece- I was very amused to read the history and find out this was one of Elvis Presley's favorite hotels- fit for a King and me!

I hope to start a series of photos from the road- from the dashboard of my car-- so you can see all the excitement i witness on a daily basis. I have some snapshops from Iowa I hope to share soon.

This afternoon I had the best run along the Ohio River in 65 degrees and sun- it was wonderful.

2 comments:

the muse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the muse said...

Hey Andrew -
Any time you're ready for more shopping and mojitos, let me know! (Or even shopping without mojitos.)

Glad to hear the road trip is going well. Safe travels and I'll see you when you get back to Chicago!