Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Overdue update.











On the road again, and again, and again. Last week was the big trip downstate to Peoria and then St. Louis--- I have included pictures of the world famous St. Louis Arch and a lovely Illinois interstate route-- and the Cardinal's Baseball stadium in St. Louis.
I had kind of a crazy weekend- I helped Megan paint her new pad on Saturday and then on Sunday ran the Shamrock Shuffle 8K run - which I am proud to have run in 51 minutes and 9 seconds- I am happy with that pace and will continue training hard for the marathon.]I was so happy waking up on Sunday and finally seeing the sun and I was ready for the run-- then on the way to the race- the bus I was riding BROKE DOWN--- can you believe it -- I ended up being so late that I was literally running to the starting line. I didn't even have time to stop and check my backpack- needless to say I felt pretty dumb running the whole race with my backpack on.
Presently I am retiring for the night in Des Moines, IA-- how fabulous is that. I had a great day of sales calls and then got a very nice run in with the 75 degree temps outside. Spring has sprung in the midwest and it is a very welcome thing.
I close on my condo this Friday and then I am taking a week off of work to paint and move (and likely sneek in a Sir Spa massage in there somewhere!)

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Congratulations on the marathon! I can't believe you ran the entire race with the back-pack on and still made it in good time. Way to go!