Saturday, July 28, 2007

Have I really grown up???

OK- It is hard to believe but I think any hopes that I had of remaining young forever are over--I think it is official I have grown up. I am up at Lakeside, Ohio with my family which has been a summer tradition for my entire life. Summers at Lakeside meant ice cream, swimming, playing in the park, and late night walks along the lake. I remember how cool it felt being in high school and being able to drive at Lakeside-- and being able to stay up late and watch the stars at the end of the pier. Now- I am playing with my nephews and babysitting. Looking at the lifegaurds and teenagers waiting tables and thinking of "when I was younger"-- and it hit me- when did I become grown up?? It kinda shocked me- but it is true-- I am a responsible adult and no longer a kid!! Yikes..

Oh well- I will post some vacation pictures soon.

1 comment:

the muse said...

I had the same thing happen to me this weekend. I was at an engagement party for my cousin when I realized all the young people (my cousin is in his early 20's) were outside and I was sitting inside with the older folks gabbing... freaked me out a bit let me tell you! LOL But that doesn't necessarily mean that I've really grown up yet.

Glad you had a good time on your vacation! Looking forward to seeing the pix on your site!