Sunday, July 08, 2007

Survived the 4th-











I made the trek home to Ohio on the 4th of July- it was a nice family visit. Tuesday nice some friends and I went to Montrose Harbor to watch the Chicago fireworks- it was very nice to see the fireworks with the entire city skyline as a big backdrop.








On the 4th- Mother made the traditional July 4th Hamloaf-- don't ask why Hamloaf??? It was a unique family gathering to say the least--- I was very happy that good friend Laura was able to come and share in the family adventure--- I think that she was very very amused by the entire group.








Friday my sister and I took the nephews to the zoo- it was very fun. I had forgotten how spending the day with a 3 year old can wear you out totally.. Devan and Dillon both loved the aquarium-- they both enjoyed watching the fish- it was so fun- of course the big highlight of the day was merry-go-round- how fun!








On the way back to Chicago- I stopped of in Bluffton- where I went to College for some coffee talk with Laura-- it is so comforting to know that somethings never change- like good friends and a place to go home--












No comments: