Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th-

Wow- what a crazy busy and fun weekend. My good friend Helene came up Thursday - Sunday AM and we did the city up right. I had never visited Millenium Park- and it was amazing. I had heard read great things about the park and heard about the huge metallic lima bean-- everything was amazing. We also browsed the Taste of Chicago- we also hit the dance clubs and did our fair share of flirting with 23 year olds (yes I said 23)-- it was fun fun and more fun.
So after dropping Helene off at the airport Sunday AM I drove back to Ohio to see the family. It was great to get to see my 5 week old nephew Dillon & my almost 3 year old nephew Devan. I love my nephews very much and spoil them relentlessly. I must say however after all the craziness of the weekend it did feel good to get back to Chicago. It is quickly becoming home and a great place to be. Oh- I almost forgot had a wonderful brunch of coffee and biscuits with good friend Laura--- can't forget my Ferguson fix!

No comments: