Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF

I have been here for a week, and what a week it has been. The move was rough and bumpy at times-- kind of like and expressway with potholes... but I have made it OK. I am adjusting nicely to working from home and enjoying the commute to my dining with a pot of coffee in hand each morning- it is also nice to spend more time with the dog-- although I was one the phone with a client yesterday and the UPS man came with package, when the doorbell rang it was like Trevor decided to bark up a storm (as always) and the broker was like "what's going on??"

The week has been full of lots of office work, phone calls, a couple of really good meetings and yes UNPACKING- I really feel incredible momentum in the job... from my intial impression of the territory I think this is going to be a great job- I have already getting lots of support and good feedback.

I am really scared about 1 thing- my multi purpose device-- the company bought me a printer, fax, scanner, copier-- You mean it doesn't make toast??? What good is this thing--- and then my Blackberry device just scares me- it is very complicated-- I need to dedicate some time to watch the interactive CD-Rom that came with it--- and now I am planning to go to Best Buy and purchase a GPS system??? Am I insane??? It is so much technology so fast-- I am on overload of new buttons to push-- Yikes!

I am excited because my new neighborhood is having a street festival this weekend- lots of music, artists, dancers, and the like-- I plan to scope it out. I also want to take a Yoga class at my new gym- which is right around the corner (gotta love that)--

I just realized I went car-free for over 24 hours - WOW -- what a great feeling-

Have a great weekend- and please email me at brackenridge43228@hotmail.com with the links to you blogs!!!! I need to keep track of my friends!

Also I do not want to post my new address of phone numbers on here- so if you need them, please email me.

2 comments:

Meg said...

hey neighbor, you can get to my blog which has a link to Laura's blog by clicking on my name.

Meg said...

OH and Dawn's. sorry missy-- I haven't re-formated things in a while