Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Putting on a fresh coat- -

Painting can be exhausting- but rewarding all at once-- it is really really hard work- but when you stand back and look at a freshly painted room- it seems worth all the while. The blue I choose for the bedroom is lovely- I can not wait until I put my bed with the blue and chocolate colored comforter set in the room. The primary color for the living room and hallway is Sand Dollar- which a nice khaki color- it is much brighter than the original color that was there when I purchased the place-- I plan on adding some accents of chocolate brown color- called bonbon and a lovely orange color called pumpkin pie (and how I love the taste of warm pumpkin pie).

I was very fortunate to have my friend Jon help me with the painting today- it was fun to have someone talk to & it went much much faster than by myself.

The parents arrived tonite for a few days- tomorrow we are going to paint the closets and finish touch ups in the bedroom and such. Thursday I am having new berber carpet installed in the master bedroom- it will look very very nice and I got a great deal on the carpet with installation. I also hope to clean out the refrigerator and wash all the inside of the cupboards this week- so that I can slowly begin to migrate my belongings over to the new place.


At the end of the week when I get some of the mess cleaned up from the paint- I will post some pictures of the new colors!

2 comments:

the muse said...

Andrew, can't wait to see pix of your new place with all the pretty new colors! Glad to hear things are progressing well!

amber said...

sounds great! Please post pics when you're finished :)