Sunday, April 29, 2007

What does Des Moines look like?
















I have finally moved into the the new pad- and I have almost found everything. Since I had been gradually moving over piece by piece the last couple of weeks- It was not really that big of a deal to move in. My movers were not the brightest bulbs in the box. The did not speak English very well and did not understand orders very well. As a mover--- it would seem logical a couch would go into the living room and not the bedroom-- but who knew? There were some growing pains on getting the furniture into the correct position -- but it is settling nicely now.
The only problem that I am having is my cable- which is not working well-this is particularly upsetting with Desperate Housewives on tonite- and I can not get it to come in alone.
Needless to say the majority of my weekend was spent unpacking and getting settled into the new digs.
I have attatched some snapshots of the greater Des Moines, IA area. As you can see the skyline is not the impressive- but the countryside can have some nice gradually rolling hills. I also took a snapshot of my trusty car Nicole-- I thought she was looking especially sassy at the Iowa road side rest.
Another busy week ahead- tomorrow night I will be in St. Louis-- and then Peoria!!! Way fun -- right????

No comments: