Thursday, May 11, 2006

New Pad- New City-

It has been a very stressful and crazy week.
First I must give a HUGE thank you to my awesome friend Megan and her wonderful husband Matt for being such great friends to me- they not only listened to me unwind after a busy day of apartment hunting- but Megan made time in her very busy schedule to tag along with me and a realtor to view some properties.

After getting an education on what was available for rent and what my dollar could purchase I decided to rent for a year and see how things go. I also totally fell in love with the apartment- it is so perfect- I even have huge deck that I can bbq on this summer- and the place has incredible character. It is in a great area of town called Andersonville- it is close to the EL, the lake, and I can walk 2 short blocks to great cafes, coffee shops, a gym, and even cool bars! Of course Matt & Megan being less that a mile away is a nice selling point as well. It is a huge 3 bedrooms and 2 baths- so please come and visit as I have plenty of room. Don't forget about the 42" plasma that will be in my den!

I have to be honest I was a complete mess until I made the decision to rent- and now I have an overwhelming peace of mind- I feel this was where I was meant to be.

Tonite was totally fun- 2 of my favorite girls were my "dates" for the evening of dinner and margaritas! Missy, Dawn, & I had a fabulous time at a local bar and grill. I am looking forward to hanging out with my girls since I will now be a local!

I am tired tonite and hope that I can have a wonderful weekend filled with family and friends- and of course I will not forget Mother's Day.

2 comments:

amber said...

Sounds awesome, Andrew - can't wait to visit you all in Chicagoland.

Have a great weekend!

Missy said...

Hey Andy, Dinner might have been better if their was a little more gropping going on!!!!!