Monday, October 31, 2005

Good things come to those who wait....




What a beautiful weekend here in Ohio. I was so bummed out and depressed about the rain and dreary weather from last weekend and figured I would miss out on the fall foliage once again. This weekend the rain clouds cleared, the sunshine came out , and I was able to get out and enjoy the beauty of fall. Saturday afternoon my friend Helene and I took my dog to the Dog Trail at Batelle Darby Metro Park. It was so beautiful outside and the color in the trees was breathtaking to say the very least.

Saturday night Helene and I hit the town for Halloween. After a nice meal out in the Short North we headed to the martini lounge for chocolate martinis- YUM! We met up with my friends Dan & Ray. After three martinis we were off to tradewinds to dance the night away. The place was packed and the music was jamming- we had a great time. Stayed out too late and drank in excess but hey it was Halloween!

Sunday I went to the Jeffersonville outlet mall with the parents- we took a long Sunday drive to get home and stopped by an old grist mill- it was a beautiful relaxing day to say the least.

Tonight is trick or treat- my Sister and nephew are coming down- it should be AWESOME.

Also on the good news side- I have a date for this Friday night- if you want more details - you'll have to call me- don't want the entire web community to know all the juicy details. We've been chatting for a while so maybe good things come to those who wait.

Enjoy these pictures of the tree right beside my condo and then the grist mill at Clifton Gorge.

2 comments:

amber said...

Thanks for the "gorge"ous photos!
I grew up in Springfield, so we visited the Mill often. In fact we almost bought a house in Clifton.
And my grandmother lived about 10 minutes away from the Jeffersonville outlets!

Sounds like you had an interesting weekend with an even more interesting one to come THIS weekend... ;0)

So, solve the mystery: what did you dress as for Halloween?

the muse said...

Great pics! Glad to hear you had a great weekend. I was out taking a few pictures too. Once I get my photos developed I'll post some pics too - gotta love those fall colors!