Monday, January 16, 2006

All Quiet in Ohio-

A nice quiet weekend here in Ohio- ahh Thank God.

I did get to see Brokeback Mountain on Friday night. First of all the new Drexel Gateway theater- a very very nice place. We got leather reclining and rocking seats-- it made my butt happy!!!

The scenery in the movie was breathtaking- I loved the mountain and the rivers-- it was breathtaking! What captivated me the most was the strength of the love between the men. Their romance lasted 20 years and Jack committed to making drives back and forth between TX and WY -- that takes an incredible love and committment. Here I am not even able to get someone to return my phone calls or emails. When I stop and think about it- that is the type of love I want- the type of love that will drive accross the country, that will put the rest of the world on hold because I am an important part of their life, a love that will cause you to question everything that you ever knew, and love that will last a life.... ( Ok - enough sappiness for this posting).

Otherwise the weekend was uneventful- I met Laura and her Dad at Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German Village Saturday night. We had a great time- even though we were done with the German Buffet and stuffed with Sauerkraut before the oompah band got started (no kidding they have a live accordian player on weekends-- if you are in town I'll take you over).

1 comment:

amber said...

I've been to that place before--very fun :0)