Friday, January 27, 2006

What a long week-

On Monday while eating breakfast I had the Today Show on TV and they were featuring a story on the most depressing day of the year, January 23rd. Some scientist somewhere had nothing else better to do than run some regression analysis and logarithm and figure out numerically that based on hours of sunlight and some other weird factors that last Monday was the most depressing day of the year. Great huh?? In conversations with co-workers, family members, & friends I have decided this must have been the most depressing week of the year. It has been the longest most drug out week of the year. Can it just freaking end????? PLEASE!!!!!!!

In any regards TGIF.

Last night I had a delightful evening- had dinner and a few drinks with an old Dispatch co-worker Ashley. She is such a wonderful person that for one reason or another I had just simply lost touch with. We discussed over martinis the fear of turning 30 (I just turned and she has about 18 months to go), being single, where do you meet a potential mate, why men are freaks of nature, and further more had a wonderful evening. It was so nice & I look forward to spending more time with her again soon.

Driving home- I thought of the many many people that have came and gone from my life. Co-workers, friends, acquaintances, etc-- and how for a short period of time our paths intersected (perhaps every day) and we truly enjoyed each other's company. The the paths of our lives took different turns and the bond was lost and communication ended. There were no hard feelings & if I ran into them today at the mall or grocery store I would run up to them and be eager to catch up. It just seems such a shame that we loose touch so quickly- I want to try to be more pro-active on keeping in touch with people that are important to me.

This weekend proves to be fun- good friend Laura is coming down for a visit. I think we will see a movie, have a drink or two, dinner on the town, and of course good conversation and coffee.

I do need to start looking for a new suit for my big trip to Los Angeles in March. I am thinking of a classic black suit. I am also looking at paint colors as I am going to repaint the first floor of my condo (hard to believe I have lived there almost 6 years - YIKES).

Whatever you do- have a safe and wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ditto to all of it!