Friday, January 06, 2006

What's up with that?

This is a crazy world that we live in- this may sound like an obvious statement but after 30 laps around the sun (thanks for reminding me of that analogy Megan) I have 100% confirmed this.
I guess I am just frustrated with the world-- and my life. I am no where close to where I thought I would be at 30 years old. I do have so many wonderful blessings and friends that are too many to count- but I still feel like there is alot missing. Of course this could be due to the frame of thought that I entered into while listening to Kelly Clarkson at the gym last night- her song "Because of You" made me start to think about broken relationships and how they have affected me personally. While still on the tredmill and still listening to Kelly I further compounded that by thinking that so many people probably feel the same way that I do and have "crap" (love the terminology???) that they are still carrying on their shoulders from previous broken relationships- and when 2 people with equal amounts of "crap" get together- you have one ugly DISFUNCTIONAL mess. OK- so why on a Friday is Andrew rambling on about this?? Simply put I keep meeting the most disfunctional and screwed up people- it is like I am running a Betty Ford Clinic to heal men of disfunctionality--- and I have no training to do this and I simply am bad at helping them. Needlesss to say - please tell all your friends neighbors and common folk on the street that if they need professional help to look in the phone book for a shrink and to leave me alone.

I think I need a quiet weekend at home- just me and the dog- my couch and a warm blanket... perhaps a mug of cocoa. Lock the door and close up the clinic for crazy folks.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

CDG said...

Andrew...I thought it was JUST ME! Wow --- you hit the nail on the head in this blog. Every person I've spoken to since Thursday has taken my head off or looked at me like I am already headless. "WHADDUP w/ DAT?" After the Target employee treated me the same this morning, I finally came home and locked myself away from the freaks of the today's society. ...It's working!!! ;) There's no peace like HOME, and that cocoa is tasting mighty fine right about now! :)

Have a wonderful week ahead --- may your days ahead be FREAKLESS! LOL I'll keep ya posted on how things go in the air this week...nevah a dull moment lurking from the jumpseat!!! BB68 :)

Heather said...

I only have one bit of advice, and this comes from a person who is marrying a man who entered our relationship with a LOT of "crap" on his sholders: train yourself to love the "crap" as well as the good. It's not easy (I still battle with it sometimes), but it's worth it to both you and your partner. You'll feel more sane and he'll feel appreciative of your sensitivity.

In the meantime, relax and rejuevenate so that the freaks don't seem so freaky. =)