Monday, January 30, 2006

Put a Cork in it!!!! Literally.

The quiet life continues- which is a good thing for me. Went to dinner with friends Aaron & Ray at Don Pablos Friday night and had a wonderul Mango Margarita.. I do reccomend it. Saturday was a day of grocery shopping, errands, laundry, bill paying, etc.

The highlight of the weekend was wine bottling with my friend Helene and buddy Spencer. Helene had started a batch of wine (6 gallons or 30 bottles) back in the fall at a winery here in Columbus. Once the wine is ready you are able to host a wine bottling party at the winery. The three of us sanitized the bottles, filled them, corked them, and then made labels. During the process there was abundent wine sampling going one. It was great fun to be had by all.
I can't wait to tap into my bottle of Apricot Peach Chardonnay- yummy!
Afterwards Helene and I met buddy Laura at The Happy Greek in the Shorth North. The food was great- after Helene and I almost took out the hostess- ugh.

Laura stayed over Saturday night and we just lounged and read the paper with coffee before lunch and some shopping at Kohl's (great bargains- wohoo).

All else is quiet in Ohio- enjoy the pictures- OK this PC won't load the pictures.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like a great time!
Speaking of Greeks I just found a yummy recipe (and easy) for hummus! I will offically state while it's a bit saltly, it's still better than the stuff in the store.

the muse said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. What did the hostess do that you almost took her out? (Note to self: do not irritate Andrew. LOL)

Keep us posted on how the wine turns out!