Thursday, September 22, 2005

Feeling Upbeat - so I'll post-

I have been writing in the evenign after being beat up by the events of the day. Upon review of my past couple of blog entries I realized I was sounding pretty tired and down. So with a hot cup of coffee and a well rested mind I am ready to write.

First of all the weather- what is up with Rita? This is breaking my heart to see all of this once again. This morning at the gym I was watching CNN and they were interviewing a family living in a vacation condo in Galveston, TX that had been donated to them after fleeing New Orleans. Now they are on the road again with no place to go. The bad part of all this is that now the news is projecting $5 per gallon gas-- OUCH! I may resort to buying a mule and a small cart to get to work.... perhaps my dog Trevor would enjoy a pet mule-- they could play nicely together on my patio. I doubt Nationwide would like a mule grazing out on the front lawn all day.. so maybe I'll skip this. The guy that sits next to me at work, Brian, did just buy home literally around the corner from my house- we are talking about carpooling to save $. I realize I'd have to change my habits (including the gym) but the savings would be well worth it!

It is just over a week until I jet out to Arizona for a week. I can't wait- I have never been to the desert before. On Friday of that week I am to take a Jeep tour of some canyon near Tuscon. Sounds beautiful and really scenic.

Tonite should be fun- going out to dinner and a few martinis with some co-workers! Hurray for Maritini specials.

No comments: