Sunday, September 25, 2005

Weekends Fly By-

Here it is Sunday night again- funny how quick Saturday & Sunday can go by.

Friday night I met the parents over at Plain City, OH at the Der Dutchman Amish restaurant. A pianist named Steve Hall was performing a live concert. He has several CD's that Mom loves- so that was the big conclusion to Stella's birthday 2005.

Saturday morning was spent on the couch- I watched a movie (The Upside of Anger) and watched hurricane coverage. I then watched OSU kick Iowa off the field from the treadmill at the gym. It was really a sad game for Iowa... Thank God I'm an OSU fan.

I had a wonderful evening Saturday with my friend Helene. We enjoyed a lovely dinner in the short north & then went to Via Colori street festival. In case you don't know what this is- they close streets around the park and allow artists to create amazing chalk murals on the street. After dark there are thousand of luminaries to shine a light on the art (don't' kick them like I did- oops.) We then went and created a wine for Helene's Christmas presents- it is a new custom wine bar. You can sample many different types of wines and then make a batch of your own using their kitchen. It takes about 6 weeks to ferment. It was awesome. I loved the Peach & Apricot Chardonnay- yum. We then went to Havanna for a cocktail and to view some eye- candy.

Today I was feeling a bit draggy- I went to church - had lunch with my friend Ray. We did a little shopping and then I came home and just hung around the house waiting for Desperate Housewives.

I've got to kick this sinus infection- I may go to the doctor if this doesn't clear up soon.

I hope everyone's weekend was great.

4 comments:

amber said...

Hi, Andrew!

The wine place sounds really cool!
Did you get to see Hotel Rwanda yet? I'm anxious to see what you thought of it.

Sounds like a nice weekend - hope you have a great week!

Meg said...

go bucks!

Meg said...

go bucks!

Helene said...

Oh yes, Sat. my fav. night in a long time. Can't wait to have another night like it.