Friday, September 02, 2005

We will survive-

The song says it best- of course it says I will survive- but I think Gloria would approve in adapting the song to fit a national tragedy.

The pictures on TV are horrifying. Last night I was sitting in my new remodeling living room, eating a nice dinner, with a full refrigerator in the kitchen and I am seeing images on the screen of people much like you & I beggin for water. I simply broke down and cried. I pray that an authority greater the the US Army will step in and help-- I pray that God will extend his Grace, Love, and Mercy on the suffering.

I only wish that I could drive down and pick up some refugees and bring them back and fix a big dinner and offer them a warm shower and a dry comfortable bed to sleep in. I guess I will have to make do with a donation to the Red Cross and my heartfelt prayers.

My one friend going on the trip this weekend lost his grandmother yesterday, so he will be unable to enjoy the long weeken in the mountains. Clinton- my heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. The rest of us will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Well the car is packed- and I just need to shower and then hit the road.

God Bless you all during this Labor Day weekend.

1 comment:

the muse said...

Andrew, I share your wishes for the refugees from Katrina and continue to hold them in my prayers. I finally had to declare last night a "TV-free evening" to just try to pull back a little from the situation. I hope you are able to get some distance, too, while you are on your weekend trip - have a wonderful time!