Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday AM- what a relief-

I really enjoyed this morning and getting back to work- sounds strange huh? I think I just needed some return to normal. I have still been fighting this cold- I will be very happy when it is done and over with for good.

Weekend was good- drove up to the parents place on Friday night so that I would be there in the AM for the big county fair. I then proceeded to go to bed early and get a good extra long nights sleep.

Saturday Dad showed me some ditch drainage work that had been recently completed around the farm- it looked really good. It was amazing to me that all the corn and soybean fields are beginning to show the summer greens fading into the autumn browns and that harvest is coming soon. After touring the farm we met my sister and 2 year old nephew up town at the farmer's market- I purchased some beautiful mums for my front garden that a local amish boy had grown to earn some extra money. Mom bought me a nice piece of handmande pottery and I got some delicious homemade granola! Yum! Next was the great Hardin County Fair- my sister took home 2nd place in the annual pie day contest- she got a large rosette ribbon and her picture in the paper- Go Miriam! While she was doing that Dad and I took Devan around the fair- I was looking forward to stuffing the kid with cotton candy and sugar and then giving him back to mom-- but he fell asleep on us! Go figure. We had fun and even ate some delicious ice cream!

Saturday night- my friend Greg was in Columbus from Austin- we had dinner in the Short North and then watched OSU get beaten by Texas. We then hit a couple of bars and then headed back to my place-- I just wish I didn't have this cold dragging me down or else we could have had a great time -- I just felt draggy and tired.

Needless to say I was wornout on Sunday- after taking Greg to the airport I took Trevor to the park and then relaxed until my Friend Helene and I went out for ice cream and a nice walk.
I watched a quirky DVD on Sunday night called "But I'm a Cheerleader"- a cute little movie.

So now it is back to work and try to get back to normal.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Poor Baby! All that fun and you're too tired to appreciate it fully. I'll trade 'ya.

Andrew said...

sharon-
It was Legge (not sure on the spelling) he runs a excavating and ditching company out of Hepburn- just down 144.