Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Goodbye Emerald City-

The emerald green carpet that has glared its ugly face for 5 years and it is now gone! This means the home remodeling for 2005 has finished and life is slowly returning to normal. If there is such a thing. I need to wash the baseboards in the entire first floor and clean the new floors to get construction dirt and grime off of them. I am very happy with the results and can't wait to have friends and family stop by for a visit.

I just received good news from Megan in Chicago regarding her Hodgkin's disease. Apparently she is in stage 2- which is better than what she thought. Her health coverage through the University of Illinois will cover her treatments. So things are looking up.. now we just need to celebrate her wedding this weekend.

Last night was very busy with putting the living room back together, attending a meeting at chruch to select a new organist, and then I helped Joe move a piece of furniture out of the house & then to the Salvation Army donation site. Tonite is all about laundry and packing for the trip.

I am worried- nobody is posting any comments on my blog- I hope that my life ins't so boring that you are asleep by the end of my entries!

Have a great day.

"If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich." - John F. Kennedy.

1 comment:

CDG said...

Congrats, Andrew on the final stages of the 2005 Renovation! :) I can't wait to see pics.

SO GOOD TO HEAR THE NEWS REGARDING MEG'S HEALTH. You all celebrate LOVE & LIFE this weekend in ChiTown like, well, like it's 1999!!!

I want details next week on the trip!

I'm slung up in Omaha, NE tonight for work --- yeah, glamour, eh. lol

Hope all is well w/ you and yours...talk w/ you soon...CDG