Friday, July 15, 2005

Life- a funny thing.

Last night about 5pm as I was logging of the PC at work I got an email from one of my best friends in the entire world. She has been diagnosed with adult hodgkins lymphoma (aka hodgkins Disease) a week before her wedding in the Chicago area. I know that this disease is truthful and from the small amount of reading that I have done so far it sounds like the cure ratio is high with new technologies.

When something like this happens it really makes you stop and think about life and what is really important to you. It also brings to surface how much we are not in control of our lives, God is. It really emphasizes my quote of the day from yesterday, "Enjoy life- there are no re-runs."

Please keep my friend Megan, her fiancee Matt, and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

In other news- the home remodeling is on the home front- kitchen is done, bathroom is done, now the only remaining job in the laminate floor in the living room. So far it looks incredible.

Last night was very uplifting and fun for me. The Emmaus group from my church got together and prepared some supplies for the upcoming Emmaus women's walk at the end of July. I was mildly stressed because I was repsonsible for the project and securing enough supplies. The fellowship of good friends and the wonderful food was just what I needed.

TGIF- tonite Joe and I are going to the CAPA summer movie at The Ohio Theater to see a classic James Dean film "Rebel Without a Cause" - also know as the story of my life (ha ha ha). Tomorrow is pretty much going to be putting the condo back together and then moving everything out of the living room for Monday's flooring installation. Sunday my patio garden is on my condo community's garden tour- so I need to pull a few weeds and get that looking all spiffy. I also am playing the organ Sunday at First Baptist in Kenton, Ohio-- so it will be a whirlwind weekend once again.

Take care- and just when you thought you were safe - here is today's Quote;

"We have learned that power is a positive force if it is used for positive purposes."- Elizabeth Dole

1 comment:

CDG said...

LOVE the site, Andrew!!! :) I will keep Megan & family in my prayers & thoughts.

We need pics!!! ...This comes from someone who worked in a darkroom for ten years --- pictures, BayBee, PICS!!!!!!

And speaking of life's adventures...I'm on my way out the door to conquer Orlando streets since arriving here two days ago. Grrrrr! Wish me luck. I have NO idea what I'm doing...it's like Thelma & Louise w/o Louise. YIKES!

Have a great weekend, Buddy! :) CDG