Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Sappy Love Songs and the Mid-week blahs.....

The DJ at Megan's wedding playing a song I had not heard in a long time; True Companion by Marc Cohn. I had not really taken the time to listen to the words before the wedding. I looked them up on the internet this morning and was really drawn to the words:

"Baby i've been searching like everybody else. Can't say nothing different about myself. Sometimes i'm an angel And sometimes i'm cruel And when it comes to love I'm just another fool Yes, i'll climb a mountain I'm gonna swim the sea There ain't no act of god boy Could keep you safe from me My arms are reaching out Out across this canyon I'm asking you to be my true companion True companion True companion"

I think it is so funny that I love sappy love songs and Joe has no interest in them as he is such a rocker at heart (Iron Maiden, Kiss, Metallica, etc). Hopefully it is true that opposites do attract.

I think the lyrics really captured my thought and feeling on what I am searching for- a true companion -- someone to be there for me in the good and bad times of life.

I am not going to jump to conclusions at this point as to whether Joe is my true companion- I guess time will tell. We did have a conversation as to what "our song" would be - and he informed me that it is some oldies hit that totally cracked me up- however for the life of me I can't remembe the name- maybe the Girl From Ipo Nema??? I am horrible with song names. I was surprised that he rmembered that on our first date at the piano bar we went to for chocolate martinis that the singer was singing that song when we got there.

Other than that a rainy Wednesday in Ohio as I try to sell insurance- isn't my life riot??

No comments: