Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Another day-

Truly just another day in the life and times of Andrew.
Nothing special to report. I did enjoy watching the space shuttle land this morning in California while I sipped on my coffee. I have always been fascinated by the space program, although I have no interest at all to even think about trying to go up there. It just is amazing to think about all the technology and and ingenuity that make space travel possible. I do agree that NASA needs to seriously reconsider the space shuttle program. They are an aging fleet of space vehicles and these high-drama flights (in-space repairs) are not good publicity.

On the weird side I watched a TLC special on a Romanian woman that had a 160 lb tumor removed from her back. It was bizarre to watch the surgery on the television. The doctors describe it as "medusa" like and non-human. The amazing part of the surgery was that it took huge amounts of blood donors to make it possible. They had 4 times the amount of blood that a normal human body has at any given point on site and ready to go. I guess the locals had all donated for this woman- many not even knowing her. That makes me wonder- would we as American's do the same thing? After 9-11 thousands of Americans gave blood - but that was after the worst terrorist attack ever. I am always hearing that the red cross is at critical need stage for donors. I just wonder if that woman had been in the USA would the Americans have rallied behind her as much? Just some food for thought.

Hope your day was great.

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hey--
Non blog related comment. Could you and Joe make me a 'Kicking Cancer's Ass' CD?
I'm looking for a 'survior' themed, up beat, rockin' kinda thing. Like the best of both of your musical styles?

thanks--megan