Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Cool nights-

Ok- I am still enjoying the cooler weather of later summer- it is a gift from God.
I am so ready to be loading up the car and heading to the mountains next week.
I have reserved Bill Clinton's autobiography on CD to listen to on the drive. I think that will be a constructive use of my car time.

Work has been so busy lately that I have barely left my desk. Sometimes I have 3 lines rining at one and like 5 programs open on my computer desktop. The good news is that my sales are really good and I am making good money. The bad side is at what cost is my sanity.


Does anyone else ever fell complete chained down by their daily routintes? Lately I have been feeling like I have no "me" time-- first it is get to work, then slave all day, come home take care of the dog, cook dinner, and then bam back to getting ready for tomorrow!! Where do I fit in??? I have also been thinking of how parents cope with the added responsiblites of kids?? I mean some days I am struggling with my sanity- and can't imagine being in charge of a couple of kids. Now- I still want children someday- but haven't quite figured out how- I guess that is why we need a partner n life- someone to share the work load and to help us out when we need it.
Funny enought- thinking about partners I have seen lots of TV commericals lately for Sex and the City on TBS- and in it the ladies are talking about their obsession with finding thier soul mates--- I have been thinking about my soul mate lately-- let me clarify-- if you are my soul mate- please come respond to this message- so it is easier to find you!!!! If you need my phone # let me know-- you can even call collect-

Well- I think you can see how bad I need a vacation!

Last random tht of the day- I found out I will likely be going out to Tuscon, AZ in October to represent Nationwide at a conference- love staying at a posh resort and charging it to the corporate card.

3 comments:

the muse said...

Andy, I too feel chained down by my routine. Me time? What the heck is that? I was just thinking to myself this week that I need a "wife" -- someone to do the cooking and cleaning and help run errands and all that stuff that I never seem to have enough time to do. Sometimes I wonder why I don't know my neighbors but then I realize that they too don't have or make the time to socialize. It's crazy, this corporate world we live in... companies expect employees to give them more and more time and for what? Less pay? Hmmm... maybe I need a vacation too... but it just seems to me sometimes that people are trying so hard to climb the corporate ladder that they lose the very things that make life enjoyable.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip to Tennessee and that you get some "me" time in!

Dawn

Heather said...

Chains? I think I've got steel beams and concrete weights holding me to my routine. I work all day, come home to clean, make lunch for the next day, set up coffee, do laundry, pay bills, etc. Now it's about 8:00. I go over to my boyfriend's place, clean, do some dishes, etc. Dinner has not even been started. It's 9:00. Looks like another bowl of cereal. Sleep. Go to work.

Sound familiar?

Thankfully, I have an active imagination, so I can at least envision myself in "me" time.

Laura said...

SugarPlum.... First, don't listen to Bill. The man dropped every single name that he knew into the book! The only reason I read it was that it was the only book I hadn't read in my house and there was a 3 day hartal going on. Read Hilary. She's much better. As for 'me' time, I call it vacation time. That is the only time for me and mine and I think that's how it's going to have to be for quite a while. Sorry, pumpkin.