Monday, August 29, 2005

Count Your Blessings-

At the office we can watch cnn or the weather channel all day long on our computer desktop.
Needless to say I turned my attention throughout the day towards the hurricane coverage. Once again I am reminded of how lucky we are to have safe homes. Just think of how many times we have each escaped from a tornado, a bad thunderstorm, a blizzard, flood, or a hurricane. Guess we need to count our blessings!

Work kept me pretty busy today- it amazes me how lazy some of my co-workers can be. Our goal is to get life insurance cases through underwriting as quick as possible. Yet time and time again cases just get stuck in the process because nobody cares.

To report on my new subscription to NetFlix-- so far I love the service. Movie quality was good. The 2nd Bridget Jones Movie was very predictable.. kinda cute but kinda boring to tell you the truth. Million Dollar Baby was a good movie- very gripping and intense. I'll let you know if I get any other must see's!

Weather still looks awesome for my TN get-away! Yeah!

2 comments:

amber said...

I thought Million Dollar Baby was amazing, and definitely deserved best picture. It was a difficult movie to watch, but I was definitely captivated by it, and thought about it for days, even weeks afterward. Wasn't Hilary Swank awesome?

the muse said...

I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby but want to rent it one of these days.

I have been glued to the TV watching coverage of the hurricane... every time they show New Orleans I am just heartsick. My heart goes out not just to the residents of New Orleans but to all the places impacted by the hurricane. I too am counting my blessings.