Monday, August 01, 2005

Summertime Relaxation-

I took a few days off from posting and have relaxed. I spent quite a little bit of time in a deck chair lounging by the pool reading a good novel (thanks Megan for lending me the book- Naked by David Sedaris). The weekend weather was just perfect summer weather in Ohio and I took full advantage of it.

Friday morning I went kyaking alone on the Big Darby Creek. It was very tranquil and relaxing. I listened to nature and focused on getting my inner equilibrium back in check. I talked with God and we hashed some things out.. it was good.

Friday night we went to see Joe's favority singer- Joan Jett- it was OK... I could have lived without it but alas- you compromise. I did get a wonderful chair massage at the music festivals. A word of advice- always get massages when the massage therapist is drunk. I paid for 15 minutes but got closer to $45-- and she was really good.

The weekend was very very low key- more swimming and pool time, dinner with my friend Ray, church, and taking Trevor for a bath (the humane society had a $5 dog wash to raise money- so the pooch got cleaned!).

Work is the same as always- thank God that my sales are doing really well- or else I'd be up a creek.

Have a great day all.

No comments: