Monday, August 22, 2005

Routines can be a good thing-

It was a nice feeling to be in the car going to work this morning- now isn't that a weird statement? It was such a wonderful clear and crisp night for sleeping last night. I slept with the windows open and awoke chilled slightly by the morning air. The night breezes had left a wonderful crisp clean smell in the bedroom. It was wonderful! I really enjoyed walking Trevor this morning- with a cup of hot coffee -- I took a little extra long walk along the creek and saw lot of ducks swimming in the pond.. it was a peaceful morning. After all the trials of the past week it felt good to start a new week and get back to normal.

A good friend of mine invited me to go to Tennessee with a group for Labor Day. We will stay near Gatlinburg. I've been there before and had a great time- so I am looking forward to a little get away next weekend... I hope the weather holds out.

My friend Helene came over last night- our dogs played together very well. We grilled some chicken and ate on the patio- it was a lovely evening. We then watched a DVD of a movie called Sideways- it was cute- I reccomend a bottle of wine while viewing!

I subscribed to NetFlix- the clincher was I can finish out watching Sex and the City, The Sopranos, Queer as Folk, and keep up to date on the movies. I think I am going to splurge and buy a new larger TV for the living room- that way I can have some movie/ dvd parties this winter.

Have a great day all!

No comments: