Thursday, August 04, 2005

More thoughts on reacting to life.

"Your living is determined not so much by what life brings you as by the attitude you bring to life; no so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens." - Lewis L Dunnington.

I have a Franklin Covey day planner that I use at my office- and at the top of each day's page is a quote. This is the quote for today- and I found it very appropriate with the contemplation of life and its meaning in recent days. Life is funny like that isn't it???

I am really ready for this heat wave in Ohio to break- today is about the 4th day above 90 degrees. The weatherman keeps saying that we have low humidity- but none the less it is hot.

You could describe my movie viewing habits as behind the times for sure. Last night I rented a DVD for Joe and I to watch. It was National Treasure with Nicholas Cage. It was a cute PG/ Disney movie that had an interesting twist. Sometimes it is nice to not see movies in the Theater and pay the high prices but instead enjoy them cuddled on the couch with someone special.

Gotta get ready for the big family visit on Saturday. Berkley, Stella, Miriam, and Devan (aka Mom, Dad, Sis, and nephew) are invading my condo for a day of shopping, swimming, and pure family joy (in other words I will be drinking Saturday night). I really need to get my area rug back up in the living room- with no carpet at all- the room sounds like a gymnasium with the acoustics.

Hope you have a great day!

No comments: