Monday, August 08, 2005

Tis better to give than receive???

I am so happy to be back in the office today- it was a very tiring weekend to say the least.
It was all about giving to others and having no "me" time. I spent all day Saturday entertaining the family and driving Mom and Miriam around to various shopping centers in Columbus. Seeing my nephew was fun- his 2nd birthday is this Thursday and he is just so full of life that it makes me tired!

Sunday was my final appearance for 2005 and maybe forever at the Baptist church in Kenton. I really don't like the direction that the chruch is taking. Very conservative and non-welcoming. I am not sure it is good to help churches that I don't agree with.

Dad did help me wash and sweep out my Jeep yesterday afternoon- but when I got back to Columbus I was so tired that I just crashed for about 2 hours- and then went to bed early.
That was about the only productive thing that I got done all weekend.

Quote of the day: "If you do not tell the truth about yourseld you cannot tell it about other people." -- Virginia Wolf.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Ouch- how are you going to break that one to Berkly?

Laura said...

Hopefully you can occassionally play at your new church. I'm sure that the regular organist/pianist would like to take a vacation once in a while. Questions: Does that mean no more potlucks to attend? And what about holidays?