Friday, August 05, 2005

Carpe Diem!

"Seize the moment before it's gone. For another day begins at dawn." - Clay Harrison.

Last night a group of us from the office went to a happy hour to celebrate with a co-worker who has resigned and is moving to Clearwater, FL. She and her husband have no jobs lined up. Don't have a place to live & are basically going back to where they used to live because the loved it there so much. She talked about how wonderful it was to walk on the beach at sunset and swim in the warm ocean waters. I asked her why she was doing this- and she replied- I just woke up and realized that I am living in corporate hell and I was so unhappy living in a cubicle that I had to get out before it really affected my mental health. I then questioned more and asked her if she will get back into insurance or the financial services industry in Florida- and she replied only if I have to. Our conversation then went on to discuss both of our passions for owning a small business and being our own boss. For working hard but loving what you do. Possilby not having alot but loving every minute of every day.

This has really started me thinking about what I am doing in life. Do I love what I do??? NO! I do like the comission checks when sales have been good!!
I want to start to do some exploring about living out my dreams and not sitting behind a desk.
It is likely I'll have to be in corporate America for a while longer- but perhaps I need to be bold and take some riks.

No comments: